Oracle Enterprise Manager ServicesWe wrote the book on OEM... actually, we've written two books on it, thus far.
Oracle Enterprise Manager is Oracle’s integrated enterprise IT management product line, that leverages the built-in management capabilities of the Oracle stack for traditional and cloud environments, enabling you to monitor and manage the complete Oracle IT infrastructure from a single console.
While Arc DBA Consulting offers expert consulting services for the latest release (currently 13c) of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Cloud Control. Michael New, founder of Arc DBA Consulting, is a recognized authority on OEM. He has lectured widely at Oracle user group meetings, created and taught the OEM Deep Dive for consultants internally at Oracle Consulting, authored the Oracle Press book on OEM 10g Grid Control released in 2009 and co-authored the OEM Cloud Control 12c book published in 2013 with Matt Burke, a colleague at Arc DBA Consulting.
Though our OEM engagements may widely differ, they share the following common objectives:
- Orient the customer to Cloud Control concepts, including installation, configuration and operations validation.
- Recommend Cloud Control features that will enhance the customer’s IT infrastructure.
- Provide knowledge transfer and next steps for IT personnel.
- Supply an engagement summary of installation and configuration details and review it with the customer team.
The approach to OEM engagements is to deploy a standard system management tool with built-in mechanisms to:
- Administer, diagnose, and tune both Oracle targets (databases, hosts, application servers) and non-Oracle targets (hardware load balancers, SQL Server databases, and third-party storage subsystems) from any location via a Web browser.
- Monitor target conditions throughout the network using best practice metrics.
- Centralize the scheduling of tasks on multiple systems.
- Let administrators distribute tasks in a heterogeneous IT environment.
- Group related targets to facilitate administrative tasks.
- Supply built-in reporting to quickly view and analyze information about managed systems.
Arc DBA Consulting offers specialized consulting services to install and configure the following OEM management packs and plug-ins, which customers must separately license:
- Cloud Management Pack for Oracle Database
- Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Application Management Suite for Fusion Applications
- WebLogic Server Management Pack
- Business Intelligence Management Pack
- Management Pack for Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate
- Oracle Diagnostics Pack for Database
- Oracle Tuning Pack for Database
- Oracle Database Data Masking Pack
- Data Masking Pack for E-Business Suite
Hardware and Virtualization Management
- Enterprise Manager Systems Infrastructure (EMSI) plug-in
Application Performance Management (APM)
- Oracle Real User Experience Insight (RUEI)
Application Quality Management
- Oracle Application Testing Suite and its components, including:
- Oracle Load Testing Accelerator for Oracle Database
- Oracle Load Testing Accelerator for Oracle Applications
- Oracle Real Application Testing (RAT)
Engineered Systems Management
- Exadata Management
- Database Lifecycle Management Pack